Groups & Administration Coordinator
Stewart Travel Group is a dynamic, award-winning, and fast-growing full-service travel agency based in Stratford, Prince Edward Island. Established in 2014, the agency has 15 Trusted Travel Advisors located in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and PEI.
Stewart Travel Group is well-known for hosting group travel experiences around the world, including luxury river cruise groups in Europe, escorted trips south, and motor coach tours to destinations like Ireland, Italy, Greece, and Portugal.
These groups often have high repeat clientele who return because of the welcoming atmosphere and detail-oriented customer service. While the Stewart Travel Group team takes its job very seriously, they know how to have fun and make travel enjoyable and rewarding for everyone.
About the Job
Stewart Travel Group is seeking an energetic and organized individual to join the team as a Trusted Travel Advisor and who would also like to work part-time as the agency’s Group and Administration Coordinator. The position would start with 15 - 20 hours per week in the Group and Administration Coordinator role at its home-based office in Stratford, PE with optional / flexible hours as a Trusted Travel Advisor doing commissioned travel sales from their own home office with one of the highest compensations available.
As the Group and Administration Coordinator, you would:
- Build client profiles, process bookings, and invoice trips for clients booking on hosted group tours through the agency’s co-owners
- On occasion (e.g. for holiday coverage), provide booking support for other Trusted Travel Advisors at Stewart Travel Group
- Prepare trip documents and other logistics for all regular bookings and for tours hosted by the agency’s co-owners; provide support for the same for other Trusted Travel Advisors, as required
- Be the lead support contact for all Trusted Travel Advisors / Trusted Senior Travel Advisors at Stewart Travel Group, liaising with the Support Team at our host agency and supported by the co-owner as required (e.g. invoicing and accounting support)
- Coordinate logistics for information nights hosted by Stewart Travel Group, including accepting registrations, qualifying clients (as required), and organizing hospitality details (e.g. location rentals, food and beverage requirements, printing marketing materials, etc.)
As a Trusted Travel Advisor, you will have the opportunity to promote and sell travel and to earn commission on bookings.
Qualifications and Experience Preferred
- At least five years of experience in the travel industry (e.g. as a travel agent)
- Experience using a client management system (e.g. Clientlinq)
- Experience with invoicing and accounting for travel
- Ability to provide training and support to travel agents on a timely basis
- Organized and detail-oriented, ensuring the accuracy of information
- Ability to follow-through on assigned tasks and requests
- High level of customer service skills based founded on professional integrity
- Ability to troubleshoot a wide variety of issues
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Comfortable with the use of technology (e.g. cloud-based tools such as CognitoForms, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.)
To apply for this position, submit a covering letter and resume by email to:
Co-Owner and Trusted Senior Travel Advisor
Stewart Travel Group
Deadline to apply: 5 pm AT on February 29, 2020.