USA & Canada Road Trip: West Coast Discovery
Photo:Gorgeous mountain view in British Columbia, Canada
18-to-Thirtysomethings tour (meaning that it is open to travellers between the ages of 18 and 39).They say the west is best — so why just visit one North American country to see if that’s true? Take in the natural beauty of America’s Grand Canyon and Canada’s Banff National Park, go whale watching in Tofino, and get your glitz on in Las Vegas! Sound hectic? Explore the highlights of San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Vancouver. And with an itinerary that plays like the greatest hits of North America, you’ll get the most bang for your buck.
All in Price: All-in pricing is $4,181 CAD (regular - $4,919 CAD)
Features & Benefits:
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your First Night out Moment.
- Connect With New Friends
- Your Discover Moment: Banff.
- Entrance fees to all national parks with hiking and walking excursions.
- London Bridge visit (Lake Havasu).
- Sunset at the rim of the Grand Canyon.
- Death Valley visit.
- Columbia Icefield stop.
- Half-day canoeing excursion in Wells Gray PP.
- Half-day whale watching tour by Zodiac.
- Self-inflating mattresses and dome tents while camping.
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Meals Included:16-breakfasts, 15-lunches, 13-dinners
- Meals: All included meals will be prepared from goods bought en route from supermarkets, local shops and markets.
- Breakfasts will generally consist of breads and cereals, if time allows a warm breakfast may be prepared.
- Many lunches will be provided en-route and will be light meals such as sandwiches and/or salads.
- All evening meals will be freshly-prepared hot meals, and will consist of a variety of continental and local dishes.
Photo: Breathtaking gondola ride through the mountains.
- Stargaze in Los Angeles.
- Experience a Grand Canyon sunset.
- Roll the dice in Las Vegas.
- Hike in Yosemite National Park.
- Create a postcard-perfect photo in Jasper National Park.
- Be awed by the mighty Rockies.
- Get up close and personal with Canadian wildlife.
- Aug 1 - 21. 2020
- Aug 8 - 28, 2020
- Aug 22 - Sep 11, 2020
Day 1 - Los Angeles
Arrive at any time. Tonight head out in La La Land and party like the stars. Get to know your fellow travel tribe in a place where the buzzing nightlife is just begging to be explored. Your only goal this evening is to sit back, relax, eat some grub, down a margarita, and get to know your newest friends as the adventure begins.
Day 2 - Los Angeles/Lake Havasu
Be on celebrity-watch while passing by a few popular sites on the way out of California's most glamourous city. Hike among the boulders and famous Joshua trees, then cool off in the crystal-clear waters of the Colorado River at Lake Havasu.
Day 3 - Lake
Visit the mighty Grand Canyon. Take short hikes and enjoy sunset at the edge of the canyon.
Day 4 - Grand Canyon/Las Vegas
Travel Route 66, then explore Las Vegas along the strip.
Photo: The one and only Las Vegas Strip
Day 5 - Las Vegas/Sierra Nevadas
Visit a land of extremes in Death Valley National Park.
Day 6 - Sierra Nevadas/Yosemite National Park
Discover Yosemite's peaks, granite domes and giant sequoias. Marvel at majestic waterfalls, lakes and meadows.
Day 7 - Yosemite National Park/San Francisco
Catch a glimpse of the Golden Gate Bridge on the way into one of America's most popular cities. Opt to take a cable car ride over the steep hills or rent a bike to explore the city on wheels.
Day 8 - San Francisco/Calgary
Bid farewell to the States and fly north of the border to Calgary. Opt to meet new members of the group at an evening welcome meeting.
Day 9 - Calgary/Banff
Discover the beautiful town of Banff; view wildlife, take a gondola ride, or hike up a mountain for spectacular views.
Day 10 - Banff/Lake Louise
Gaze at the beauty of Lake Louise, and hike to the Agnes Lake Tea House or along the Six Glaciers Trail.
Day 11 - Lake Louise
Head into Yoho National Park and visit the mighty Tekakkaw Falls and Emerald Lake. Opt to go whitewater rafting in the afternoon.
Day 12 - Lake Louise/Jasper
Make the stunning drive to Jasper via the Icefield Parkway. Visit beautiful Bow Lake, and stop at Columbia Icefield Centre before arriving in Jasper in the evening.
Day 13 - Jasper
Stroll through Maligne Canyon and explore the surrounding area of Jasper. In the afternoon, head back to check out the lively mountain town.
Day 14 - Jasper/Wells Gray Park
Stop at Mount Robson, the tallest mountain in the Rockies, en route to Wells Gray PP.
Day 15 - Wells Gray Park
Head out for an exciting adventure canoeing in the Canadian wilderness. Stop at some of the most beautiful waterfalls in the park, including the world famous Helmcken Falls.
Day 16 - Wells Gray Park/Whistler
Drive through dense woods into the Canadian desert and finally to the beautiful coastal mountains.
Day 17 - Whistler
Wake up in one of Canada's greatest natural playgrounds. Go for a hike in the morning, then enjoy a free afternoon to relax or explore more of Whistler and its surroundings.
Day 18 - Whistler/Tofino
Take a ferry across to Vancouver Island. Stroll the trails beneath ancient Douglas firs in MacMillan Provincial Park. Arrive in time for a gorgeous sunset.
Day 19 - Tofino
Search for orcas and other whales on a half-day whale watching tour by Zodiac. In the afternoon, enjoy free time and take in Tofino's unique blend of fisher-meets-surfer vibe.
Day 20 - Tofino/Victoria
Travel south down Vancouver Island to British Columbia's capital, Victoria. Take a stroll around the city and absorb the West Coast vibe.
Day 21 - Victoria/Vancouver
Take a ferry back onto the mainland. Trip ends upon arrival to Vancouver. Opt to spend the afternoon exploring this beautiful, easy-going city.
Photo: Canoeing along beautiful Wells Gray Park, Canada.
Optional Activities (additional charge):
- Los Angeles - Santa Monica Pier Visit (Free).
- Universal Studios Hollywood.
- Venice Beach Visit (Free).
- Las Vegas - VIP Party Bus Experience.
- Gambling at Vegas Casino.
- Vegas Strip Visit (Free).
- Las Vegas Show.
- Grand Canyon - Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour.
- Yosemite National Park - Yosemite Bike Rental.
- San Francisco - Alcatraz Visit.
- Cable Car Ride San Francisco.
- Golden Gate Bridge Visit (Free).
- Sunset Sailing San Francisco.
- Optional Welcome Meeting for Travellers on Combos Tunnel Mountain.
- Tunnel Mountain Hike (Free) - Banff National Park of Canada.
- Banff Gondola Ride to Sulphur Mountain.
- Kicking Horse River White Water Rafting - Golden.
- and more...