October 12-23, 2024
- October 12-23, 2024
- Zagreb to Dubrovnik
- Hosted by Kevin & Michelle
Highlights of your itinerary:
- Stroll through Croatia’s leafy towns, enjoy a walk in a national park and marvel at its sparkling emerald lakes, spectacular waterfalls, and picture-perfect shorelines
- Visit glorious coastal cities, ancient Roman ruins, magnificent medieval architecture, impressive caves and castles, walled cities, and famous film locations
- Game of Thrones fans will recognize Old Town Dubrovnik as the medieval setting for the fictional city of King’s Landing
- Visit Croatia, Slovenia and Bosnia-Herzegovina
Day 1 - October 12Depart Canada
- Depart from Canada on an overnight flight to Europe
Day 2 - October 13Arrive in Zagreb, Croatia
- Welcome to Zagreb!
- At 6 pm, we’ll meet our Tour Director and other travel companions for a welcome dinner at our hotel.
Day 3 - October 14Zagreb to Ljubljana, Slovenia (106 mi / 170 km)
- Guided sightseeing tour in Zagreb, including the Parliament and Stone Gate.
- Scenic drive into Slovenia en route to Ljubljana.
Guided Tour Description: History & Mystery
Explore the ancient city of Zagreb where Central Europe, the Mediterranean, and Southeast Europe meet with a magnetic culture amid medieval architecture and offbeat cafes and bars to enjoy. In the Upper Town of Zagreb, admire the historic Croatian Parliament building and see the Stone Gate, the only fortification entrance that is still standing, and now home to the city’s most important shrine.
Day 4 - October 15Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Guided sightseeing in Ljubljana featuring the Town Hall’s inner court.
- Hear the history and heritage of the Hapsburg Dynasty here, and see St. Nicholas Cathedral.
- Free time this afternoon and evening.
Guided Tour Description: Cultural Gems
If you’re wondering why there are so many dragons decorating the cobblestone streets of Ljubljana, it’s thanks to the mythological heroes Jason and his Argonauts who stole the Golden Fleece and fled here. Legend has it that the dragon that lived here wasn’t too welcoming. For ages, the dragon of Ljubljana has been the protector and mascot of Ljubljana. Aside from green dragons seen from the cafes and bridges, this university town was voted 2016 Green Capital of Europe.
Day 5 - October 16
Ljubljana to Postojna to Opatija, Croatia (81 mi / 130 km)
- Take a guided tour through the caves of Postojna.
- Continue your drive, arriving in Opatija.
Guided Tour Description: Natural Wonder
Explore the world's most captivating cave in Postojna on an unforgettable ride on an underground train. Enter the surreal subterranean world of shiny white stalagmites shaped by millions of years and millions of drops of water. See the baby dragons (Olms) who call the caves home - in the mysterious underground caverns of Slovenia.
Day 6 - October 17Opatija with Excursion to Pula (130 mi / 210 km)
- Theatrical Sights Scenic drive through the Istrian Peninsula to Pula.
- Guided sightseeing in Pula featuring the Amphitheatre and the Temple of Augustus.
- Free time to browse before returning to Opatija.
- Free time to walk along the seaside promenade and see the Maiden with the Seagull in Opatija.
Guided Tour Description: History & Heritage
Marvel at the well-preserved Roman temple of Augustus in the ancient town of Pula which overlooks the Mediterranean Sea. Visit the amphitheatre used during Roman times as a venue for Gladiator fights, it is still used today for many important events.
Day 7 - October 18Opatija to Plitvice to Zadar (199 mi / 320 km)
- Join a guided walking tour of Plitvice National Park.
- Take a scenic drive along the coastline en route to Zadar.
Guided Tour Description: Natural Wonders
Croatia’s first national park, Plitvice Lakes is the oldest and largest national park in the Republic of Croatia. Lush forests, pristine lakes and wondrous waterfalls share this natural paradise with a wealth of wildlife, including wolves, bears, bobcats, and a bountiful species of birds. Words can’t do justice to this spectacular natural wonderland, so join us and see this spectacle of pure nature for yourself.
Day 8 - October 19Zadar to Trogir to Split (99 mi / 160 km)
- Take a guided walking tour through the Old Town of Zadar to the main square with free time for lunch.
- Visit the historic city of Trogir.
- In Split, enjoy dinner at a local restaurant.
Guided Tour Description: Local Tastes
After exploring the historic squares of Zadar and Trogir, settle in for a sumptuous dinner at a local restaurant in the Croatian town of Split, for the perfect place to spice things up with authentic Croatian cuisine.
Day 9 - October 20Split
- Walking tour in Split with a Local Guide, including Diocletian’s Palace.
- Free time this afternoon and evening.
Guided Tour Description: A Legend Slept Here
Discover one of the world’s best-preserved monuments to Roman architecture with a walking tour in Split. You’ll see the spectacular Diocletian Palace that was built for the Roman emperor Diocletian at the turn of the 4th-century AD, and forms nearly half of the Old Town of Split. Having served as the emperor's villa, summer house, and military camp, this ancient palace evokes the power and strength of the Roman Empire.
Day 10 - October 21Split to Bosnia-Herzegovina to Dubrovnik, Croatia (162 mi / 260 km)
- Walking tour with a Local Guide in Dubrovnik, including views of Rector’s Palace.
- Free time this afternoon and evening.
Guided Tour Description: Art & Architecture
It isn’t hard to see why the city of Dubrovnik is known as the “Pearl of the Adriatic.” The old town surrounded by its remarkable city walls is protected by UNESCO. Over the centuries this breathtaking city has been an inspiration to many artists. Game of Thrones fans may recognize this formidable setting and the Rector’s Palace as a film location for the epic TV series.
Day 11 - October 22Dubrovnik
- Enjoy a free day in Dubrovnik
- Join our group for a farewell dinner at our hotel this evening.
Free Time Tips
Stroll along the streets of the old town, browse the shops, try out some more local specialties, try out some more local specialties. Tonight, raise a glass with your travel companions and toast an unforgettable vacation.
Day 12 - October 23Depart for your next adventure
- Departure. Safe travels until we meet again!
- Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.
Michelle and Kevin are proud to be hosting their 10th European group adventure. Whether river cruising or traveling by motorcoach, they enjoy the rich European history and sharing these experiences with new and returning guests. You’ll be well taken care of and will be sure to have a lot of fun when you travel with Michelle and Kevin.
Pricing & Tour Details
- $4,099 per person, double occupancy
- $4,849 per person, single occupancy
- Deposit of $750 CAD per person due upon booking
- Final payment due to Stewart Travel Group no later than July 26, 2024
- All payments are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- NOTE: A minimum of 10 passengers is required for this trip to be hosted by Stewart Travel Group.
- Transfers to/from the airports in Zagreb and Dubrovnik
- 10 nights’ accommodation in first-class hotels
- 10 breakfasts, 6 dinners
- Guided tours as described in the itinerary
- Transportation on a luxury motor coach
- Services of Globus Tour Director
- Accompaniment of Stewart Travel Group Hosts, Kevin & Michelle Hayward (NOTE: A minimum of 10 passengers is required for this trip to be hosted by Stewart Travel Group.)
What’s Not Included
- International flights
- Meals not included in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance
- Items of a personal nature and any other services not mentioned above
Travel insurance that includes trip cancellation, trip interruption, baggage loss / damage / delay, flight / travel accident, and emergency medical coverage is available and is highly recommended for all travelers. Please speak to your Trusted Travel Advisor to find the option that is best for you.
Terms and Conditions
Please review Stewart Travel Group's standard terms and conditions prior to booking.